Colloids and Interfaces with Surfactants and Polymers: An Introduction
- Many practical examples of colloid and interface science
- An enhanced section on fluorescence microscopy, a widely used technique in biological systems for the optical imaging of cellular structures
- A new section on phenomenology (the principle of time/temperature superposition), which enables the experimentalist to extend the frequency range of their rheological instruments
- New information on sedimentation and strategies for the control of sedimentation, which is critical in many dispersions of commercial importance
- Fresh treatments of traditional theoretical topics like the electrical double–:layer, colloidal interactions, wetting behavior and light scattering, as well as more recent advances in polymer science, statistical mechanics and the use of neutrons
- In–:depth discussions of widely used techniques with mathematics used in a straight–:forward way so quantitative descriptions of colloid and interface properties can be derived
Colloids and Interfaces with Surfactants and Polymers Second Edition explains all the fundamental concepts of colloids and interfaces as well as detailing some of the more advanced aspects which might be useful in specific applications. Intended for undergraduate and graduate courses in colloids and soft materials, the book is also relevant to those in the chemical, coatings, cosmetics, ceramics, food, pharmaceutical and oil industries.
For Powerpoint slides of all the figures in the book, please see the Instructor Companion website at http://bcs.wiley.com/he–:bcs/Books?action=index :bcsId=5121 :itemId=0470518804
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Encouragement for sinners: or righteousness attainable without works. Being the substance of a sermon preached at Christ-church, Spital-Fields, on ... the Rev. Mr. Elliot, ... The second edition.